Thursday, June 18, 2015

Horizontal My Crush for Her Card


Hi Crafty Friends!

I have been busy enjoying some extra papercrafting time in my studio this week! 
I finished some cards using the My Crush for Her album that were inspired by CTMH. I had several scraps left and didn't want them to go to waste! I  decided to use them on a card that I came up with. I call them horizontal cards. These are my absolute favorite cards to make! As you search my blog you will see a few more of these fun cards! 

To make this card I cut a piece of White Daisy cardstock 4" x 3 1/2". I cut several pieces of the patterned paper from the My Crush for Her book. I like to cut them about 1/4" to 3/4". I lay these pieces on my white piece and coordinate them how I like then glue each piece making sure each piece overlaps the edges so you get a nice clean edge. Trim all edged with your scissors or paper trimmer. Set aside. Cut your Kraft paper 5 1/2"x 4 1/4" and fold in half to make your card base. Cut a piece of your patterned paper 4" x 1 3/4". Glue your horizontal piece to the top of your card making sure you have a 1/4" of Kraft showing on the edge. Glue the other piece at the bottom of your card making sure all edges are even. Cut a piece of gold shimmer trim in half so your trim is a 1/4". Add to the center of your horizontal piece. Cut another piece 4" and add to the center. Cut a piece of White Daisy cardstock 2" x 2 1/2". Stamp your sentiment. Glue to a piece of Sorbet cardstock 2 1/4" x 2 3/4". Using your 3-D foam tape add to the backside so your sentiment pops out. 
Add gold sequins and another piece of gold trim on the edge of your sentiment piece. Enjoy your finished card! You will love making these cards! 

Here is the shopping list:
Z3081 My Crush for Her album
Kraft cardstock
Gold shimmer trim
D1647 Documenting Moments Everyday Life 
Sorbet ink
Desert Sand ink
Sorbet cardstock
White Daisy cardstock
3-D foam tape
Gold sequins

Thanks for stopping by! Please visit again soon! 

Happy Creating! 

~ Liz 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews