Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring Notepad Holder


Happy Monday Friends!

Hope you had a great weekend! 
Today, I would like to share one of my favorite little creations! I came up with this  fun idea last fall. I played with this pattern from Artiste and this is what I came up with! You can view my Autumn and Christmas notepad holders here on my blog.

I used one of my favorite color combinations:
Sorbet
Glacier
Canary
Pear

These are so pretty and springy together! 
Here's the products that I used:

C1612 Shower Flowers 
C1613 Paper Bird (Hostess stamp)
Z2164 Sorbet ink
Z2641 Glacier ink
Z2643 Canary ink
Z2197 Pear ink
Z2033 Whimsey Funamentals 
Z1924 Dot Embossing folder
X5751 Sorbet cardstock
X5770 Glacier cardstock
1385 White Daisy cardstock 
Z1790 Cricut Artiste Collection

Instructions to make your own note pad holder:

1. First, cut out your note pad holder using Artiste. I used White Daisy for this one. Use pattern (card) on page 60 and cut at 3.75". Score all edges using your bone folder. 
2. Cut a piece of colored cardstock (I used Sorbet) and glue on the top of your note pad holder. Cut a second piece of colored cardstock (I used Glacier) and glue on top of the Sorbet piece to get that layered look. 
3. Cut a piece of white cardstock about 3" x 3/8". Stamp randomly using the stamps from the Shower Flowers stamp set. Glue this to the top of the Glacier piece. 
4. Using the scalloped edge of the notepad holder trace your Whimsey Fundamentals canary chevron paper using a pencil. Cut this out and glue to the top of your white scalloped edge of your notepad holder. 
5. Using a piece of Sorbet cardstock cut out your bow using Artise accent 3 on page 55 and cut at 3/4". Run your bow through your Cuttlebug using the Dot embossing folder. Score and fold your bow and add a small white brad to
hold your bow togther. Glue this on top of finished 1/2" piece. 
Stamp "Smile" on a small piece of White Daisy cardstock using Sorbet ink. Glue this to a piece of Glacier cardstock. Glue at the top of your notepad holder just under your bow. 
6. Add a 3 1/2" notepad or post it note and glue inside. 
7. Enjoy! :) 

These make wonderful little gifts for friends, neighbors, family, and of course Mother's Day! 

If you have any questions please let me know.

Stop by and visit me again for some more creative fun! :) 

Have a great week!

Happy Creating!
~Liz






1 comment :

  1. Hi, where do you find 3-1/2" note pads or post it notes? I've only seen 3 or 4", not 3-1/2". Lovely project :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews